There are a million soccer lovers around the world and you reading this blog is surely one of them. An amazing game can build up your confidence to improve and win. While the other ten players of a team are looking to score a goal, a goalkeeper plays an equally significant role to save goals. Are you aware of the fact that with the help of professional goalkeeper gloves, the goalie can do wonders. In this blog, you will get to know everything about goalkeeper gloves. So if it is something that interests you, then keep on reading this blog till the end.
Let’s get started:
A goalkeeper needs to have all the necessary protective gear, especially a good pair of goalkeeper gloves as it is the hands of the goalkeeper that require maximum protection which will lead to comfortable and safe gameplay. The basic functions of goalkeeper gloves are that it protects the hand from dislocation, decreases the blow of the ball and provides a grip to catch the balls.
Following is a complete guide that will help you choose the perfect pair of goalkeeper gloves including how to properly measure your hands to find the right size of gloves for your next game or practice.
Tips to measure hands to get the right pair of gloves:
1. A tape is required to measure the circumference of the widest part of your hand. Keep the tape below where your pinky ends to avoid including fingers during the measuring.
2. Secondly, you need to round up the measured number to the nearest inch.
3. Lastly, add 1 inch to the above-rounded number to get the perfect goalkeeper glove size.
There are a wide variety of types and styles available for goalkeeper gloves and you can choose them accordingly depending upon your comfort level and personal preferences. A good pair of gloves offers various advantages as they provide better grip while making saves, protecting and cushioning fingers, and helping with boxing and punching.
As gloves are an important part of goalkeeping, there are several factors that you need to consider to determine the perfect pair.
How you can make the right choice?
There are four different parts of gloves that you need to consider while purchasing your gloves.
- Fingers- The fingers are a goalkeeper’s best defense mechanism, as they allow for grasping and holding onto the ball. Do you know which gloves are right for you? You need to choose gloves that have bendable, plastic supports which give the best finger protection. This will certainly help to prevent strains and other injuries.
- Backhand- It helps to shield the hand while punching the ball as it is significantly layered and padded. Low-quality gloves tend to have just one layer of foam padding, while higher-end models are cushioned with latex.
- Palm- The palm aids in catching and securing the palm. It comes in two textures i.e, smooth and dimpled. Smooth palms are best suited for match play as they have a clinging agent that helps a player grab the ball. Dimpled palms are best for practice; they have a gripping agent and are much more durable.
- Closure- The closure is that part of your hand that secures the glove to your hand. It comes in three types: hook and loop, v-notch, and bandage. Bandage closures are considered to be the best as they wrap securely around your wrist and provide superior wrist support.
With this, you might get familiar with the fact that how you can choose the right pair of goalkeeper gloves. But still, with all the above information, many people are left in a dilemma as they are confused about where they can purchase high-quality goalkeeping gloves. For this, Elite Keepers Shop is your one-stop destination. We are a dedicated platform to help you meet your goalkeeper gloves requirement, offering a wide variety of colors, patterns, and cuts of goalie gloves at cost-effective prices. Also, we have introduced goalkeeper pro gloves with extra finger protection to help you win your game without any injury. Hurry up! Grab the professional goalkeeper gloves today!